Sunday, July 27, 2008

I totally forgot!

I got tagged a LONG time ago...and totally forgot. Then when someone else tagged me again for the same thing, I remembered! Sorry for those who have been waiting for me to answer their tag. I'm ready now!

Three Joys:
(I can only pick three?!?!?! Seriously?!??!!?)
Well, not to sound cliche...
1. My sweet husband. I have to separate him from just my family because he deserves an entire number all by himself. He is so endearing and thoughtful. He loves me with all of his heart, and he makes me laugh. He has a deep testimony that keeps me grounded. These are some reasons why I love him: he picks up astrojumps in the rainy cold winter to get extra money for my birthday, he saves the last bite of his ice cream cone for me because he knows it's my favorite part...even though it's his favorite part too, he always asks how he can help, he asks me how I am before anything else is said on the phone, he lets me turn the heat on full blast when I'm cold even though he's roasting, he eats my burnt toast, he supports my "Little House" fetish, he always makes sure he's the one to pump the gas, he waits patiently while I finish singing to a song on the radio before we get out of the car, he puts my dinner in the microwave before his, and he asks my to sing while he plays piano because hearing me sing is "his favorite thing to do". Sorry...got a little carried away there. I don't think all my answers will be like that.
2. My sweet baby girl Ivy. When she was born I literally found a piece of my heart I didn't know existed. She doesn't belong to me...I belong to her! My life is committed to making her smile and helping her grow. When nothing else can make me laugh, she can. My life will never be the same again!
3. The scriptures. I LOVE studying the scriptures. I remember in college when I taught the gospel doctrine class in our ward, and I thought that I was totally under qualified because I had to teach returned missionaries and such. Because of that I would spend hours in the library preparing my lessons and just drenching myself in the scriptures. I would walk away from those times on cloud 9, feeling so connected with Heavenly Father. couldn't always remember what I read, but I always remembered how I felt. I unfortunately don't have time anymore to spend hours at a time reading the scriptures...but it's still something I look forward to.

Three Fears:
1. Losing someone I love. I am so dependant on the close people in my life - especially Robbie that I've tried to picture how I would function without them and I can't. I need them to be able to breath during the day. I just don't know if I would be strong enough...
2. The ocean. A couple feet into the water, no problem. Where I can't touch, irregular and irrational breathing. Where I can't see the bottom, panic attack. Where the people on shore look like barbies, will scream and cry. No other body of water scares me, only the ocean. Apparently I watched Jaws and the Discovery Channel too much.
3. Not progressing. I have a specific vision of who I want to become. There are certain things I want to change, certain things I want to acquire, and certain things I want to accomplish. What if I don't ever get there? Sometimes I lose motivation to move forward...sometimes I am too content with who I am. That scares me. I know that when you're not moving forward you are moving backwards...and I don't know about you, but I like the view a lot better when things are getting closer and not farther away.

Three Goals:
1. Become a better clogger.
2. Start singing with my quartet again.
3. Get as organized as my mother. **sigh** someday.

Three Current Obsessions:
1. Blogging.
2. Ivy.
3. Is that all I do? I need to get some control!

Three Random or Surprising Facts About Me:
1. I'm a phone-a-phobe. I hate talking on the phone and will avoid it at all costs. Actually, sometimes I am in the mood - and it's no problem. But generally... And I'm not sure when it started happening, because I wasn't always like this. If I thought hard enough I am sure I could trace it back to the source. Am I awful? Robbie sure gets tired of it. (sorry babe) That's something I am working on.
2. If anyone knows how much Robbie eats - this WILL be surprising. I out-eat Robbie on three things - cereal, ice cream, salmon. I'm a sucker for all three.
3. I find it easier to go out and do most things now with a baby than when I was pregnant. What's that about? I know that it should be completely the other way around. And it might change when that number grows to 2 kids, but for now, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :)

5 comments:

Its All Good Ya'll said...

This was so much fun to read! Thanks for giving me a glimpse into the life of Kara. I agree with you about it being easier to go out with a baby rather than pregnant, mostly because I am miserable when I am pregnant and because I love going out and showing off my new baby. At least until I had my third and now I am still trying to get used to it. I have succumed to the idea that if I want to be anywhere on time I have to start getting my family ready to leave at least an hour before. I love you and all the little details about you!

mom Tolmanb said...

Thanks dear for sharing your life. I know most of it, but I still learned. We all change over a lifetime, so those kinds of things change too.What you say now, could be different later.So when you think you know someone, do we? Thanks Robbie for being a sweet husband to my daughter, and a daddy.

Walker Family said...

Yay kara you finally did it! I loved the fact that you wrote so much!!! It was really fun and interesting to read! It was totally opposite for me, because when i was pregnant it seemed like it was a lot eaiser to get out and do things then after i had baby ty?! Love you!

theRach said...

Kara, you are so totally awesome! I should love to be more like you. :) I love that one of your goals is to start singing with your quartet again.....WHEN?!?!? Please, let's DO it!!!!!!! Colby is starting to get sick of me randomly belting out barbershop; it sounds a lot better with four! :)

Kristen said...

This was so cute! Don't you love it that your hubby pumps the gas in the car all the time?! I feel like now if I ever had to do it by myself I wouldn't remember how! I love looking at your blog and seeing pictures of your baby girl, she's adorable!