Thursday, July 24, 2008

Freezing The Moments

I was trying to organize some boxes, and I came across this poem that my mom wrote. I hope you don't mind me sharing it, mom, I just love it so much. It means so much to me, especially now that I have Ivy. It just sums up everything I feel. I cry every time I read it. Thank you mom, I love you too.

Freezing the Moments: Thoughts From Your Mother's Heart
You came from heaven. WOW!

Wish I could freeze the moment.


The love is so strong inside me.
You rode under my heart for months; will we ever be "one" like that again?
I hope so!
I know we'll never be happy without you again.
You are irreplaceable; the most precious children ever born.
I marvel at your little toes and tiny fingers.
What a creation!
I want to memorize every detail of you. Even now, as you are growing.

Wishing I could freeze the moments.


With whatever happens, I won't ever forget.
God's children as well as ours.
Treasures of my life!
Nothing is so rich as being a parent.
David O. McKay said, "the nearest thing to Christ's love for mankind is a mother's love for her child."
Our families and testimonies are the most prized of all such pearls.
I hope you can be happy and have a whole lifetime of small celebrations.

Wish I could freeze the moments.


3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."
No matter what comes in life, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU.
The welling up of love in my heart when I see you achieve according to your abilities and walk in righteousness is indescribable.

Wish I could freeze the moments.


I will think you are the best basketball player even when you don't score a point.
I will listen only to your voice in the choir.
I will have to sit on my hands to keep from applauding when you give a talk.
Wishing I could freeze the moments.


I am committed to you:
Teaching you right from wrong.
Thousands of meals.
Piles of laundry.
Countless stories and songs.
Miles of taxi service.
Hours of nursing.
Unlimited listening.
Bunches of compliments.
Endless prayers.

Wishing I could freeze the moments.


Hopes, to convince you how beautiful you are.
To be able to teach you kindness and gratitude.
Wanting to always protect you form hurting, but knowing there will be times when you'll have to grow.
All the love I have won't be enough to keep you from making mistakes.
The Lord designed the way so we would cherish and magnify treasures that matter most.

Freezing moments in our minds and hearts.


It is hard to see you become independent young men and women.
I can promise you I am trying to freeze the moments in MY mind and heart.
One thing I can't promise.
When you leave home to meet the world; I can't promise not to cry.
I cried for joy when you came;
I will cry when you go.

The moments are frozen in my heart.


I Love you.

4 comments:

mom Tolmanb said...

Kara Kara Kara!!!What will I do with you!! :) All I can say, is even though that was 11 years ago,I am STILL trying to freeze the moments with every breathe I take and moment that I live.I don't want them to end. Each day and EACH one of you (includes everyone)is a treasure in my life. I love you all tremendously.

Emily said...

That was really beautiful, thanks. I am glad to see you guys so happy. It is nice to be reminded of a broader perspective sometimes. I think your baby is absolutely beautiful, and I admire you guys so much. Thanks for a great example!

Kindall Klan said...

I haven't read that in a really long time and you didn't need to make me cry! That wasn't nice :) And mom, you always say you're not good with words. Pish Posh!!!! I love you too mom!

christy jensen said...

Pardon me while I wipe a tear. That was awesome Aunt Sherie.