Friday, July 25, 2008

Camping at Boulder Creek

Robbie and I held our breath and crossed our fingers and took our sweet 2 month old camping last week! **I know** And it actually turned out realy great! In fact, the day we came home, Ivy was really grumpy and I could not get her to stop crying...I pulled out all my tricks and nothing was working. So, I wrapped her up in her campfire smelling blankie and went outside to swing with her and she started smiling immediately! :) We went for 5 days with Robbie's family and we seriously had so much fun! I think we can all agree that it was a memorable and eventful weekend. We rode horses, went swimming, played games, and ate some really great food! Here are some highlights from our trip: Obviously, this girl LOVES to be outside!

Mason kept stealing Ivy's pacifiers and enjoyed sporting the pink flowers...

Soaking up the sun in her bouncer (no, she wasn't really in the sun - I'm not a bad mom!)

Rocking the sunglasses!

Getting ready for bed. If you look closely you can see that we had to keep her pacifier attatched to her with a paper clip so it wouldn't keep dropping in the dirt. :)

Kicking trash at "Bow to your Sensei"

Sheltering Ivy from the campfire - I really don't remember it being that smoky most of the time. We loved snuggling up to each other to keep each other warm by the fire. Good times.

I don't think anyone enjoyed the dirt as much as Tyson...

Except maybe Mason...

And the most exciting thing that happened this weekend was Mom Walker getting engaged!!!!

To her sweetheart Milan... don't they look good together?!

On what I decided was the "Sweetheart Bridge"! :) P.S. "WYMM" stands for Will you Marry Me. Congratulations mom!! We love you and are so excited for you and this new adventure!

Nuff said.

Robbie doing some dishes after dinner. He's never looked so hot! :)

Dallin liked to pretend he was an old man with his tree moss. Cutie pie...

I think I went a little overboard with the potatoes!

Ivy's first daiper change in "The Wild" :)

Two happy campers! And I think that wraps up a great weekend! Can't wait for the next campout! (Except we will definately be doing something about nursing in the freezing cold dead of night next time!)

8 comments:

ArmstrongShiz said...

oh how fun! congrats on the engagement.

Its All Good Ya'll said...

THANK YOU! I was starving for some pics of Ivy and it was fun looking at your camping trip. I wish I could have been there but I am so glad you had fun and that you got to be there for mom! Just a warning, you should probably prepare Ivy for some extra loving in a few weeks!

Walker Family said...

that was fun to read! You have such a interesting way of "blogging" and i love it!!! We Had fun with you guys up camping!! Love ya!

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

You sure are a trooper taking a 2 month old camping. But I'll be honest - Ivy looks like she had fun! You and Robbie look like you had fun too. I can't get over how cute she is!

Kristin said...

Kara -

How exciting to hear from you! Obviously, I am a bit of a slacker in the blogging world - Yours is great...and motivating :)

Your little girl is absolutely adorable - I love all that hair! You must be having so much fun with her.

Kristin

Anonymous said...

Hey Walkers! Your little Ivy is so beautiful - congrats again! So happy to see you doing well and that the cloggin' kids are still loving you two like crazy! We love you - the Johnsons.

Blake Smith said...

Looks like you all had fun! We just took our 4 1/2 month old camping in Donnelly the other week for a family reunion. It's an interesting first experience.

Erick and Megan said...

I love all yournew pictures! What a fun camping trip! You are such a trooper!