Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ivy's Blessing Day

Ivy was given a name and a blessing this last Sunday, July 7th, in church. It was beautiful. Robbie did a wonderful job and, of course, made me cry. My mother jotted down a few notes about what the blessing said which will be such a sweet keepsake for all of us. I felt so amazed and grateful that Robbie was giving a blessing to our sweet baby girl...our daughter...our baby!


To make the experience even better - Ivy was beautiful in her GORGEOUS blessing dress! Rachel (Knight) Hunsaker made her dress, and, seriously - I couldn't have dreamed anything more amazing! Rachel-Thank you ONCE AGAIN for that precious gift! It's going to be quite the keepsake for her. Thank you so much - It meant SO much to us! And by the way everyone...


Rachel makes all kinds of gorgeous-take-your-breath-away blessing dresses and sells them! You should all ask her about it on her blog...(colbyandrachel.blogspot.com) If you are in need or want of a blessing dress I HIGHLY recommend buying from Rachel. And just so you know Rachel, I had a bunch of people tell me at church that when their next daughter got blessed they were going to get your info from me. :)


Here are some pictures of the memorable occasion: (Sorry about the sideways pictures, I have no idea what's going on...) And here are some pictures of her dress: All blessing dresses aside, I was thinking on Sunday of all the wonderful things her blessing said she could grow up to become, and how Robbie and I as her parents were going to help her get there. I always thought of the word "Mother" as such a sacred word. It accompanied so much wisdom and knowledge and patience and talent. And now - in just one day - I have taken that name, that sacred name. WOW! What faith my Heavenly Father must have in me. That's a lot to take in. I don't feel worthy yet to be called Mother from this beautiful special child, and I'm sure I never will...but I'm sure grateful that I get the chance to try.


I love you my sweet Ivy. Thank you for letting me of all people be your mom...I am amazed by you. I will always cherish your blessing day and how we were able to celebrate and bless your life. The day you were born, I found a piece of my heart I never knew existed. I can't imagine how Heaven must miss you. I love you.

9 comments:

mom Tolmanb said...

My daughters have been blessed by Heavenly Father to put into words their feelings and descriptions. I am jealous. I always felt it but couldn't express how I wanted to.Thank you for helping me feel how I felt. I am truly blessed to have such a family and beautiful grandchildren.Ivy, you're a doll!And you have special parents.Each day I marvel at all my kids and their families and count my blessings.I feel the spirit to say you are all from heaven. Love mom

Leslie Pond said...

What a wonderful day. They truly are precious little angels that Heavenly Father entrusts us with. I LOVE her dress and love your new do.

Kindall Klan said...

BEAUTIFUL! Yes, your daughter is pretty :) LOVED the dress! AWESOME job Rachel!!!!

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

What a cute family you have! You are right - Ivy's dress is amazing!!

ArmstrongShiz said...

That dress is so beautiful. And so is Ivy. Congratulations.

Its All Good Ya'll said...

I agree the dress is very pretty but Ivy is stunning. She could have been wearing a potatoe sack and everyone would have oooed and awwwed.

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing that special day with us who couldn't be there - & gorgeous dress on a gorgeous daughter!

Sven & Trin said...

Hello Walkers, I have a question. Since I'm not mormon, I don't know what the significance of being given a name is. (I think I have the idea of a blessing.) Am I allowed to know what that is? And if I am, I'd love to hear about it. You can e-mail me if that's easier for you, instead of just commenting back and forth between the blogs. Hoppie_11@hotmail.com.

God bless you guys.

christy jensen said...

Thanks for sharing about your precious day. Congratulations. Enjoy every minute of her....soon she will be a teenager