Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Isn't it BEAUTIFUL?!

Isn't my dad amazing?!?!? My father dropped off his gift to Ivy last night. He made her a cradle. *MADE* her a cradle from scratch. It's not like this was a little cradle kit that he just put together. He is truly a remarkable carpenter and craftsman. It turned out absolutely beautiful. It swings like a dream, and it's big enough for her to be in it for a while. So Cute! And pictures really don't do it justice...you will all just have to come see it! Ivy: you have no more excuses now...everything's ready for you to come! :)

Thank you daddy! I absolutlely adore the cradle and can't imagine how much time and sweat and blood and cuss words (just kidding) you put into making it. I know it is something both me and Ivy will treasure forever! Thank you for thinking of it and wanting to do this for us, it really has made this experience more special! Love you! XOXOXO

7 comments:

Sheila said...

What a beautiful cradle! Very impressive.

Lauryl said...

Of course your dad would make something that beautiful. I've always been very jealous of your entertainment center...

Unknown said...

that is a very nice cradle - he did a great job and I love that cute quilt!! Thanks for updating us on everything - and good job Robbie for the bathroom cleaning - gifts like that are priceless!

Anonymous said...

I love your cradle. Where did you find your bedding to fit it? I know you made the quilt, but I am talking about the bumper. Also, do you have a little mattress?

theRach said...

Very cute....your dad is very talented! I look forward to seeing you guys this weekend at Lagoon (or maybe just Robbie?)...add us to your "Friends" list, too -- www.colbyandrachel.blogspot.com

Erick and Megan said...

Amazing crib! Now I just can't wait for the little angel to go in it! You have been so busy will all your chores and blogging and getting ready. Can't wait for the big day! I am thinking about you!

OMA AND OPA said...

Looks like she will be sleeping in luxury! What a great cradle. and bedding. love aunt oma