Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm Thankful For...

I certainly won't get any time the rest of this week to write this down, so I wanted to do it now as a "Happy Thanksgiving" Hoorah.

This year, here are just a few things I am thankful for...

Ella Fitzgerald
secret doors and passageways
unexpected phone calls
overstuffed sandwiches
railroad stations
big, ironed white cloth napkins
foods that look juicy
kids selling lemonade
flirting
a plethora of pillows
conversations on paper
pay-day
double dares
spiral staircases
being the first person to look at pictures just developed
library ladders
empty parking spaces right up front
balloon animals
sleepy dogs
well worn stone steps
that vacation feeling
paranormal phenomenon
organizing
whispering
old photos
new sandals
de ja vu
county fairs
inside jokes
buck teeth
groves of lemon trees
the many buttons on the washer that give me choices to make me feel important
bizarre fireplace tools whose function nobody knows
AND...
When your ship finally comes in!
Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

theRach said...

I love your list! Lauryl and I made a list like this in high school (I think it was "things that make us happy", but it had the same happy effect). I especially love that Ella Fitzgerald is at the top of your list. What would we do without her?

Its All Good Ya'll said...

As simple and creative as your list was it made me cry. What a great way to remind all of us to be grateful for the simple pleasures in life we so easily take for granted. Thanks, Love you!

Unknown said...

I can't believe your new babe is what, 2 months old now?? I haven't even congratulated you - so - CONGRATS!!! She's adorable and I can't believe how toddler-ish Ivy is already! SUCH a cute family!! Love ya!

mom said...

Sweet Kara - i have read your list over and over - thank you so much for taking the time to remind us what really matters!
I love you, mom