Thursday, November 12, 2009

As I was doing the dishes, and cleaning the house and folding the laundry today I was thinking...

When did Addie have her last feeding?
Does Ivy have all the winter clothes she needs?
Why does Ivy keep getting that rash on her neck?
Is Addie warm enough in her cradle?
When was Ivy's last bowel movement? Do I need to give her some juice?
When are Ivy's books due back at the library?
What am I going to fix the family for dinner?
How can I get Addie to go down for the night earlier?

And then it hit me...

What did I used to think about?

5 comments:

rachel garber said...

I find myself thinking the same thing, except I don't have kiddos, I just am a teacher and I wake up in the middle of the night making lists of things I need to ask certain kids or staff or papers to print off or things to hand back . . . growing up is lame :)

Evans Family said...

I love this! I don't think I have ever stopped to put it in words, but it is so true. I do remember telling my sister before she had her baby to prepare for bodily fluids to be the main topic of discussion with her friends from now on. :) Its amazing how many changes actually occur with motherhood.

Walker Family said...

kara! this is to ironic! i have actually thought this same thing!! And i seriously cant remember what i used to think about! couldnt even imagine all useless things i used to think about before babies..... being a mother is so selfless!

mom Tolmanb said...

And It doesn't change as you get older and your kids grow up. Just maybe some topics may be different.

Henry Family said...

Why do blogs make me cry? I seriously cried when I saw the picture of Addy in that little blue dress. It is just precious! Who care what we used to think about, right?!! These are the best days EVER! (even when they have those looks on their cute cranky little faces)