Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Growing up too fast

Ivy is getting too big!! I may or may not have cried more than once thinking about the fact that Ivy won't be the baby anymore in a few days. I don't think I'm ready for her to be the big sister. I just know that I'll be holding Adelynn, and they will bring in Ivy and she will suddenly look SOOOO big! I don't want her to be SOOOO big yet!!! Lately Ivy is accessorizing herself with things like sunglesses, will flash us a cheesy grin when we get out the camera, LOOOOOVES Elmo, will "rock-a-bye" anything as long as it is wrapped up in her blankie like a baby, and has discovered our drinking fountain. WHAT?!?!? When did you get so big Ivy?!?!?! I don't care how many kids we have...Ivy, I will always call you "Baby Girl". I love you!

5 comments:

Henry Family said...

I don't know if this makes sense, but she is so cute it makes me ache!! She will be such a great sister, and I know how you feel about not wanting her to have to take that step closer to "big", but you will be surprised at the relief of the transition when you need an extra hand grabbing a binky just out of reach ;)

Its All Good Ya'll said...

One of the funnest thing about having #2 is watching #1 develop qualities you never knew they had. Yes, she will look big but no matter how big she gets she will always call you "Mom"!

mom Tolmanb said...

Ok, where do these tears come from???? I must be Kara's mom. :) I'm with you Kara, I know your not ready for Ivy to be big, but it WILL turn out ok. Especially when you hold Adie in your arms.You will still love Ivy and will love Adie and love watching each of them change.

mom Tolmanb said...

LOVE these pictures!! Need some.

Sven & Trin said...

Why do you have a drinking fountain in your house?

(Is this a weird question? No one else asked.)