Monday, April 27, 2009

So...Funny Story...

I actually have two.

1. The chili cook off. I ended up using a recipe from a friend who has won his chili cook off twice. Thought I couldn't go wrong. So I slaved all day over this chili, including grinding my own powder, roasting my own chili, and going to a specialty mexican store for a secret ingredient. And when it was all done, we showed up at the church at 6:30 to turn in our creation to be judged. Come to find out - IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE BY 6:00!!!!!! What the? I still swear up and down it said that I was supposed to be there by 6:30. So people ate my chili, but did not judge my chili. Was it award winning? We'll never know.

2. Sunday afternoon. So we're just sitting around chillaxing after church. Ivy plays with her toys, gets into the DVD's, plunks the piano. Robbie is reading and/or chatting with me. I am in the kitchen finishing up dinner which happened to be pot roast and mashed potatoes. And all of a sudden, we look outside and see this: I know it's small because we took it with our cell, but can you see the cops? Again...what the? So the cops come to our door asking why we called 9-1-1. We assured them that we didn't, and they assured us that we did. So we look at Ivy and the cordless phone on the floor. Sure enough, the last number that was dialed was 9-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1. I was so embarrassed. devastated. mortified. I tried to lighten the mood by joking with the cops about lecturing ivy on responsibility. They didn't think that was so funny. I guess we'll chaulk that one up to experience! :)

5 comments:

jen said...

wow! I was just thinking today about one of my kids possibly calling 911. I did think your chili tasted really good, so thanks for slaving away all day!!

Kindall Klan said...

oh, how cute! Connor called 911 once from Walmart! And Eligh did once from home and the cops showed up there too! :) Neither of them were that young though :)

Jana said...

Kara, this is Jana from the ward - I have to admit I found your blog a while ago and this post has prompted me to 'de-lurk'. Last summer Clyde called 911 accidentally but hung up, so we had no idea. THEN the operator called back to see if we really needed help and I figured it was my mom so I let Clyde answer it! Finally I took the phone from him and realized what was going on and profusely apologized - I was so embarrassed! I can just barely kind of laugh at it now . . . oh, children!

mom Tolmanb said...

One of those things that you will laugh LATER!! :) And so sorry about your chili. Man, a lot of lessons learned in one weekend! haha

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

Oh my goodness - I can't believe how long her hair was. She still has so much even after the haircut. So adorable!