Thursday, June 5, 2008

New Plan

So, I have a new plan. Instead of thinking that I will find the time to fold and put away all of my laundry that has built up for the last two weeks all at one time - I think it would be best to fold and put away one load at a time as soon as it comes out of the dryer. I know, I think it's a good plan too. Do you think Ivy will go along with it? :)

I don't know how all of you do it! If I have time to do a load of laundry, I don't have time to fold it. If I have time to fold it, I don't have time to put it away. When I do have time to put it away finally, I now have 6 other loads waiting for me. I used to be able to get all of my laundry washed, folded and put away on Mondays. And don't even get me started on the rest of the housework. I know Ivy is only 3 weeks old, so I'm trusting that my groove will come back...someday. If not for the next 18 years, maybe when we're retired! :) I'll admit - sometimes it doesn't get done simply because I don't want to stop loving her. She's already growing up too fast! (I know, you're all saying, "Kara, just wait...")

P.S. Today was a personal victory...I was showered and ready to go before noon!

7 comments:

Victoria said...

When they are babies, that's the toughest part when she get older she will give you more time .Remember it's OKAY to ask for help. I remember, it's soooo hard finding your groove again after baby comes.My darling Kara it gets easier. I like the picture of the mountain though.

Walker Family said...

love the pic! You will get back into the groove of things! I thought i wasnt ever going to but it happened...but im glad to see that i wasnt the only one who felt like that... :)And as they get older they entertain themselves more :) so u will get more freetime! I love you!

Leslie Pond said...

I had to smile at this post. It is all too familiar. It still happens sometimes even when they get big. After each of my babies it takes me a while before I can feel like I have it all under control again. Just loveon your little Ivy because they don't stay newborns for very long at all. Other people mat not understand that but I swear I probably don't put my babies down for the first 8 weeks. :)

Kindall Klan said...

I say just hold her and stare at her and kiss her. :) It goes way too fast and the laundry will always be there (I know this is part of the problem :)

Its All Good Ya'll said...

I am so jealous! You got to take a shower!?! It does get easier, not because it is easy but because you learn to pick your battles. Just remember what Sister Sheri Dew councils... she says don't try to get the laundry done because it will never get done, even if the baskets are empty the clothes you are wearing are dirty so enjoy being a mom and everything else will work out.

Anonymous said...

Yep I agree - there wil ALWAYS be laundry - there will ALWAYS be dishes - there will ALWAYS be a million reasons to make you feel guilty for not being able to completely enjoy the one thing that will NOT always be there. The pile of laundry tells me that you are doing it right sweetheart!!

The Shaffer's said...

LOL! Welcome to Motherhood.