Sunday, September 2, 2007

"Egg"xcellent Point!

During scripture study today, as I was looking up a certain C.S. Lewis quote to add as a scripture insert, I came across a different C.S. Lewis quote which I thouroughly enjoyed and wanted to share.

"It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad." -C.S. Lewis

I often feel as though I am still in my shell. And if I stay there, I will definately go bad. I suppose there is no living the gospel half-way. It's all or nothing. We must either break free of our shell and fly, or stay as we are and go bad. (Another appropraite C.S. Lewis quote: "Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.")

Lord, give me the courage to spread my wings and fly, that I might live thy gospel to it's fullest and not waste that beautiful gift!

2 comments:

Kindall Klan said...

what an awesome point! I love it! Where in the scriptures did you have that insert? I would love to have a meaningful place to stick it :)

The Walkers said...

Mistie - I didn't insert that one in my scriptures...I was looking for a different quote when I came across that one. But I'll keep my eyes open for a good spot. :)