Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Project #2 - Done!

I am so proud of myself! This is my first rag tie quilt - and my first sewing project! I learned a lot, and there are a lot of things I will do a little differently next time. But this is the baby blanket I made for Ivy. I made it all by myself! (that's why I'm so proud) I used extra layers of flannel for the middle instead of batting making it very soft and cuddly - can't wait to try it out! I can see now why people say that they are not that hard to make. Now that I kind of know what I'm doing, I think it will go faster next time.

9 comments:

Naylor Family said...

So Cute! I love the material you chose! Is Ivy what you're naming the baby? Very cute!

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful Kara, I wish I lived closer so you could show me how to make one. I love projects, my only project right now is trying to move with 3 kids while keeping my sanity. So, do you like pink and black better, or pink and brown?

-Geri

Unknown said...

so cute and love the colors! Ivy - is that the baby name??
such talent!

BOBARINA said...

WOW! LOOK AT YOU BE AMAZING!! What a beautiful blanket - I'm proud of you too sweetheart!

Davis Family said...

I love it Kara, good job! Kaylie loves her rag quilt because she can play with the material and chew on it. I'm sure Ivy will love hers too! :)

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

Kara - I ran into Matt Porter today at Barnes and Noble in Idaho Falls. We got talking and I asked him if he ever got to see you while in Boise and he told me how to find your blog and was I excited to find it! Congratulations on becoming a Mommy soon! Keep in touch! Molly

Kindall Klan said...

quit doing cute projects without me! :)

Tami said...

So cute! We love rag quilts around our house.

Megan said...

I am so proud of you too! It turned out so adorable! Sorry I couldn't come to your shower, Serena said it was so fun and you looked so cute! Hope you had a great time and these next 8 weeks go fast!
love, Megan