Saturday, December 8, 2007

Can it Be?!?!?!?

I think I felt the baby move for the first time!! I was sitting there, at yet another one of Rick's basketball games, enjoying the atmosphere when the pep band started playing really loud. And - you know when they start playing a really loud upbeat tune - you kind of feel the rhythm of the drums inside your body? Well, that's what I was feeling when all of a sudden...I felt a very distinct *different* kind of beat. I felt a tiny punch right below my belly button. It was just once, and it didn't happen again the rest of the night, but I KNOW that was not the pep band. :) So, at first, I was naturally confused. And I must have made Robbie confused because after I told him, he just looked at me like, "are you sure?" I thought that my first time feeling the baby was supposed to be like a flutter or a tickle in my stomach. But there was no flutter, or tickle...just a punch. But I'm 19 weeks, so that sounds right, right? Am I crazy? I have been trying to pay extra close attention since to see if it will happen again. If it doesn't for a few days, does that mean it wasn't the baby? **sigh** Maybe I should just learn to tap into my motherly instincts that obviously haven't come in yet. :) Or maybe I should just realize they already have and just learn to trust them. :) Either way - it was an amazing feeling, and I can't wait to feel some more!!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Feeling a baby move inside you is the most incredible feeling! I still remember the moment when I felt Lincoln for the first time. Neil & I were on our sofa reading our scriptures I kept feeling this twitch in my belly! Baby for sure. I'm sure what you felt was your baby too; when it happens you just seem to know :)

Anonymous said...

Kara, Yes you will tap into those motherly instincts that you were born with! I have no doubt you felt your sweet baby movin around. And if it doens't happen again for a few days doesn't mean it wasn't the baby, just means you can't feel ALL the movin goin on yet. Don't worry...you're doin it right!!! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. I am so excited to experience it also. Of course, it will be a couple of more months for me, but I am so excited for you. I am sure that was the best feeling in the world. I am excited to hear how your appointment goes on Monday. YOu have to let me know.

Fullmer said...

That's so funny because I remember feeling the same way! That's frusterating though when you feel it for the first time and then it seems like forever until you feel it again. So, my doctor always told me to lay down flat on my back and wait awhile, you most likely will fill it again...it worked every time for me. Take care, hope all is well!